Question - it looks like monthly supports appointments are done differently now and that we don’t get 1 per month. Is that correct? And it says 2 appointments per child; do the appointments have to be child specific?? (I’m having a minor panic that I may be losing monthly support or have to incur additional fees.)
The number of children you enroll is used to calculate how many appointments are available to your family for the school year, but each appointment may be used to discuss as many of your enrolled children as you wish.
The monthly limit on appointments has been removed. Checking in with your advisor or high school advisor at least each month is a good idea, but your appointments may be used as frequently as you please: quarterly, monthly, bimonthly, weekly, daily, etc. Once the original number of appointments from your enrollment package have been used, additional appointments are available at a rate of $35.00 per 45-minute session. You are in charge of how often you speak with your advisors during the planning stage and school year.
And the monthly support appointments - it looks like I have either access to [my academic advisor] OR access to [my high school advisor], but not both in one month. (Which generally speaking works for me, but I foresee needing both next year with a new kindergartener and high schoolers) Is that correct? Just want to be clear on the changes before I submit my new registration. Thanks!
When you enroll six children that span grammar school and high school, you will have two planning appointments plus thirteen 45-minute support appointments. Each time you schedule an appointment, choose whether you wish for it to be with your academic advisor or your high school advisor. So, if you need to speak with your academic advisor about your grammar school students and your high school advisor about your older students in the same month (or week or day), you still have that option.
The 2018-2019 appointment system:
- Appointments are now based on the number of students enrolled.
- The length of the support appointment sessions has been increased from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- The word "monthly" has been removed from the support appointments. Checking in with your advisor or high school advisor at least each month is a good idea, but your appointments may be used as frequently as you please: quarterly, monthly, bimonthly, weekly, daily, etc. Once the original number of appointments on your enrollment have been used, additional appointments are available at a rate of $35.00 per 45-minute session.
- When you use the appointment scheduler, choose either the "academic advisor support" or "high school progress check" appointment type. The 2018-2019 system tracks how many appointments are in your "enrollment pool" and allows you to freely choose between either kind (and if you don't know which kind is best given what is on your mind, send a quick email with your questions and we will help get an appointment with the right advisor).
- High school students have free access to the monthly and bimonthly seminars with their high school advisor as well as the student book club. High school students and their parents may also attend the High School Orientation seminars for free.
|Number of Students Enrolled
||Total of Annual Enrollment Fees for Family
||Appointments Included with Enrollment
||2 x 75-minute planning appointments +
13 x 45-minute support appointments
The calculations for appointments are:
- (Number of Students x 2) + 1 = total number of 45-minute support appointments included in enrollment.
- One 75-minute planning appointment for families with three or fewer students ~or~ two 75-minute planning appointments for families with four or more students
- Two Semester Reporting Packet Review appointments for each family that has at least one student enrolled in the Report Card/Transcript Option PLUS free access to the Semester Reporting Orientation/FAQ seminars.